Getting ready for the hospital I felt like I was in the dark on what to bring! What will my hospital have? What will I need? Do I need to bring her certain items? Will they have diapers or wipes?
I wanted to make sure I was prepared, but not too much that we are bringing lots of extra stuff that we don’t need.
So here is what my hospital bag looked like:
- Promptly Journal: This is a must! Their journals are so so cute. They start with pregnancy and go til the baby is 18. Take it with you so you can document all your feelings before and after delivery. I highly suggest looking at promptly journals for it! I love how cute they are and the questions they ask! It makes journaling so easy!
- Ebags Packing Cubes: These are a lifesaver! It helps so much to be organized especially in a time where it is hectic and crazy. This allows you to organize the baby, you and spouse’s items in the same bag and easily find what you need. I love how they are so cute, but also durable. They are the perfect size where you can fit so much in and they perfectly fit into the bag! I highly recommend them! You can find them here.*
- BFF Belly Bandit: I am super excited about this product, I loved their upsie belly that helped my back all through pregnancy. Now I am super excited im using their BFF belly bandit wrap. It has helped get everything back together. I love how it help aids in slimming your waist, support your back and at the same time helping you strengthen your core muscles.*
- Snacks: we brought healthy snacks for us. The cafeteria isn’t open 24/7 and you are up weird hours of the night. It is good to bring some snacks for you and your significate other to enjoy. Some items I packed is dried mangos, turkey jerky, trail mix and some candy 😉
- Clothing: I packed comfy pjs that also I could easily breastfeed. I wanted to make sure I felt comfortable, but cute when we had vistors. I also brought this adorable robe from Etsy. It was easily accessible to breast feed. I highly recommend to check out silk and more where you can customize your own gowns or robes!*
- Electronics: Make sure to pack your cameras (charged), tripods, chargers for your phone and anything to keep you entertained. You might be there for awhile!
- Toiletries: Self explanatory, but bring extra towels. It will feel so nice to have the luxury of “home” there and not use the towels that are scratchy at the hospital.
- For Baby: They will have diapers, wipes and everything else in between! Make sure to bring some pjs, going home outfit and any accessories (bows) for pictures there! Also make sure you stock up on the items they give you at the hospital (burp clothes, diapers, pads ect..)
- Pillow/blanket: I am a light sleeper and love to be in my own bed. I brought my own pillow, ear plugs and blanket which made me feel a lot more comfortable.
- Slippers: Bring slippers to walk around the hospital in and comfy socks! You wont want to put shoes on after giving birth or think about bending over.
- Playlist: I before hand made a playlist on my phone to bring. It was amazing to have a spiritual, soft and relaxing playlist to play while in labor and after delivery.
Make sure to to take lots of pictures and video! At the time you are going to feel the farthest from cute, but looking back I am so grateful I took the pics and home video. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy!!